Thank you for choosing bkm, the largest full-service furniture dealership in Southern California. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at 858-569-4700.
bkm Data Collection Practices
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified and that you will provide on a voluntary basis, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information that can be used to identify, describe, locate or contact you online or offline should you wish so (“personal information”) to provide you information on our products and services;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the contents of your comments and postings on the website; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details to improve your access and visit our website.
We collect this information depending on the context of your interactions with the website, the features you use, and the choices you make. These can include:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through Cookies.
We rely on a variety of legal reasons and permissions (each a “legal basis”) to collect and process personal information about you, including with your consent, a balancing of legitimate interests, a necessity to enter into and perform contracts with you, and compliance with legal obligations.
Information You Provide to Us at bkm
The information you provide directly to us on or through our website may include:
- information provided at the time of registering to use our website or when requesting further services;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- your search queries on the website; and/or
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and their fulfillment.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our website and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website;
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. Other parties such as third-party advertising partners and analytics providers may collect and use such data to serve tailored ads to your device. For more information about these third-party tools (and opting out of them), see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information set out later in this policy.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include direct personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests and recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Browser Cookies, where a cookie is a small file stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone, or another device. Cookies do not damage your device.
- Permanent Cookies, which stay on your browser until you choose to delete.
- Flash Cookies, which collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website.
- 3rd-Party Cookies, collected by our 3rd parties, which may send data to our 3rd parties
- Advertising Cookies, which enable Google and its partners to serve ads based on your site visits and/or other sites on the Internet
- Contact forms, which enable you to contact us directly through the website. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer
Section 3: Online Tracking
Please note that our site does not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and does not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal or non-personally identifiable information.
Section 4: Data Use and Sharing
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information for the following purposes:
- to present our website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to analyze and improve our products and services;
- to market our products and services.
Our Retention of Your Information
We retain personal information only as permitted under applicable laws, including only for as long as necessary to provide the products or services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction under the conditions set forth in this section.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
Our Website does not knowingly intend to collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Section 5: Security Measures
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Section 6: Conclusion, Contact Information
How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to: 4780 Eastgate Mall, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU? Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Last updated June 1, 2020