Driver / Installer Level 1
Assists in the installation of furniture at customer sites by performing the following duties.
Assists in the receiving, delivery and installation of furniture at customer site(s) by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a basic understanding of hand tools both manual and power tools and be able to use them safely.
- Understand and follow bkm OfficeWorks’ basic standards of conduct in dealing with subs, temps, fellow Associates and customers.
- Be able to understand and follow directions.
- Drive company vehicle in a safe manner to deliver product to customer site.
- Load and off-load trucks in a timely and safe manner.
- Learn to properly load furniture on a truck including padding and tying off.
- Learn basic bkm OfficeWorks paperwork, i.e. Timesheets, Merchandise Return forms, Delivery Tickets, Change Orders and Punch lists and be able to fill them out accurately and in a timely manner.
- Learn proper operating and handling techniques in using moving equipment.
- Take responsibility of all equipment being used.
- Able to inspect furniture for damage as it is on/off-loaded.
- Thorough knowledge of all merchandise and inventory tags.
- Learn to read and work with Blue Prints and Typicals.
- Willing to work until job is done.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customer, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/pr move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position also requires employee to drive back and forth to customer contacts, training, vendors, etc. Position requires ownership/access to a reliable automobile. Must have a valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record. Must meet criteria to drive bkm OfficeWorks vehicles.