How bkm Supports Cutting-edge Life Sciences Work Through the Pandemic and Beyond
Life sciences professionals spend their days delving into the nature of life itself and unraveling its many mysteries. This delicate, essential work has only grown in relevance due to the global pandemic. As many industries shut down, thousands of health sciences professionals have remained working in Southern California laboratories—and working remotely is not an option. bkm OfficeWorks creates customized solutions for life sciences professionals representative of your culture, work ethic, and a desire to create in ways that are both safe and innovative. No two life science companies are alike; that’s why we specialize in understanding how you work within your space.
The life sciences industry is a thriving ecosystem in San Diego, driving billions in venture capital funding and economic revenue—not to mention significant advances in the battle against dangerous diseases such as COVID-19. We are the third-largest life sciences cluster in the country, following Boston and San Francisco. Together these cities accounted for 70 percent of all venture capital investment in 2019. Commercial real estate figures tell a similar story: more than 2.7 million square feet have been added since the beginning of 2016 and 363,000 sq. ft. are currently under construction for life sciences enterprises.
“In total, San Diego’s life science industry generates about $41 billion in economic activity and helps to support 175,000 jobs.” Biocom
Life sciences include
- Biotechnology: The harnessing of cellular and biomolecular processes for medical, agricultural, and industrial purposes.
- Biotherapeutics: A common application of biotechnology to treat chronic and life-threatening diseases through the use of therapeutics.
- Precision Health: The utilization of genes, personal medical history, and environment in crafting effective diagnostics and preventative measures.
- Genomics: The study of a patient’s genes, how these genes interact with each other, and with the surrounding environment.
- Pharmaceutical: The development, production, and marketing of drugs for patients.
- Medical Device Companies: Makers of medical devices and surgical equipment to diagnose, treat, and prevent disease.
bkm Life Sciences Customers
“The bkm team delivered a best in class customer experience and is currently working to complete our project on time and under budget. The bkm team helped us design an engaging, inspiring and beautiful work environment that our employees will be proud to call home for many years to come.” Vertex
Want to Learn More?
bkm is committed to providing both the best customer service experience and optimal life science solutions to our clients in Southern California. Bring your communications vision to life with our expert assistance; we can help you get started today.