Supervise Installation team to ensure customer’s satisfaction of the delivery and installation of office furniture by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All forms of wall attachment, all Steelcase electrical and cabling capabilities.
- Be able to properly install 45 panels and/or a comparable number of components in a day with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to read and understand most blue prints, elevations, typicals and specifications having to do with Steelcase systems and be able to apply that knowledge to non-Steelcase systems.
- Instruct and train other associates and sub/temp crews when necessary in the correct methods of installing and resolving any installation problems.
- Become proficient at estimating project quotes.
- Capable of being a working supervisor.
- Knows when, where, and how to get answers.
- Display an entrepreneurial approach to project installation management.
- Consistently bring major projects in, on or under our budget.
- Being able to handle almost any client situation.
- Preplanning on most major projects.
- Contingency planning for unexpected problems on most major projects.
- No performance complaints or warning slips six months prior to qualifying for advancement.
- Must be able to oversee jobs of up to 150 stations of great complexity.
- Must be able to supervise 1 to 8 people.
- Be able to meet established deadlines and to a great extent establish your own.
- Be able to (with limited assistance from PM(s) and/or Installation supervisor) determine man power and equipment needs.
- Have full working knowledge of the Project Partners Checklist.
- Be able to fill in for a Foreman on a limited basis and act in a supervisory capacity when working on a large project with a Foreman.
Education and / or Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); eighteen to thirty-six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or fee; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The physical demands & work environment described here are representative of those that must be met/encountered by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Position requires frequent driving, between company locations, sometimes resulting in long periods of time in a car on the freeway. Position also requires occasional air travel. Position requires ownership/access to a reliable automobile.
This position also requires employee to drive back and forth to customer contacts, training, vendors, etc. Position requires ownership/access to a reliable automobile. Must have a valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record. Must meet criteria to drive BKM OfficeWorks vehicles.