Responsible for the leadership and successful coordination of assigned large scale projects of new workstations, workstation reconfigures, casegoods, and architectural projects. Oversee projects from start to finish, while working hand and hand with Sales acquiring new customers by performing the following duties personally or through others. Acts as a product expert and an internal and external resource.
Single point of contact, and integrative responsibility, for all aspects of assigned contract furniture projects, from inception of project to final close-out and invoicing. Plans, coordinates and oversees all tasks, critical dates, client and third party interface and relations, performance quality and customer satisfaction, budget and project administration for each assigned project. Is responsible for entire business transaction for each project.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
Customer/ Account Servicing
- Acts as the communication hub and point of contact with customers, field leads, designers and sales representatives.
- Provides professional customer interface and client relations throughout project
Project Planning, Coordination and Management
- Establishes overall project scope and manages dealer/manufacturer team to ensure coordinated effort.
- Directs, coordinates and manages task assignments and completion for entire dealer team.
- Develops work plan, schedule and logistics based on overall project parameters, project schedule, scope and customers goals.
- Assists in establishing fees and developing quote.
- Provides single point of contact for, and coordinates with, client and all third party firms (A&D firm, contractor, cabling vendor, building manager, electrician, Clients facility, IT group, movers etc).
- Performs site visits and pre-bid surveys to ensure accurate labor estimates.
- Verifies on-site field measurements, dimensions, electrical layout and other installation obstacles.
- Checks building regulations, loading dock access, freight elevator, hours of access and certificate of insurance.
- Provides solutions to customer issues by continually assessing the changing needs of the customer and design space, making appropriate decisions to correct the problem and communicating those solutions to the customer, the operation department and design department.
- Maintains detailed project documentation, including documentation of key project decisions and customer/project requests/revisions.
- Provides timely, formal written communications throughout project to client, dealer and project team.
- Manages accurate and detailed record keeping, including receiving documentation, time sheets and contract adherence, sign offs and approvals, key decisions records, etc.
- Establishes and authorizes installation labor budgets for assigned projects.
- Prepares and maintains project folders.
- Prepares, distributes and updates project schedules.
- Monitors all job costs, project billings, labor cost, change orders etc.
- Coordinates with account coordinators for order entry notes and product delivery scheduling.
- Prepares installation packages, including installation drawings, project checklist, installation worksheets and Hedberg DT to project lead.
- Prepares bid packages for labor quotes.
- Coordinate with scheduling to reserve truck, equipment and manpower needs.
- Sets up and facilitates a pre-project meeting with lead, sales , design and project coordinator.
- Coordinates with building management, contractor or customer for delivery logistics.
- Work with customer and construction trades for installation schedule timing.
- Checks all manufacturer acknowledgments for verification of product and shipping information.
- Determines all critical shipping information including product arrival timing, boxed or unboxed, tagging sequences etc.
Installation / Implementation
- Supervises site installation, including performance ot work, installation administration and timeliness of completion.
- Ensures field paperwork is complete and delivered in a timely manner.
Punch, Invoicing and Project Close-Out
- Conducts walk through with customers and project lead at time of completion to develop punch list.
- Responsible for identifying, ordering and completing all punch issues.
- Confirms project completion and ensures all invoicing is timely and accurate.
- Manages all final project close out requirements, including lien release, contract requirements, client sign-offs etc.
- Conducts and documents post-project follow-up survey with customer.
- Sets up and facilitates the post installation meeting with sales, design, project coordinator and field lead.
- Performs post installation furniture demonstrations.
Contract Furniture / Technical Skills
- Has strong product and technical knowledge, including applicable building codes, correct product application, custom applications and pricing, price estimating and solicitation, electricity and cabling etc.
- Has the ability to analyze, plan, schedule and implement project installation.
- Has a strong knowledge of all aspects of contract furniture management, including account management, project management, order management, installation and relocation services.
- Has strong furniture and architectural product knowledge.
- Proficient with Microsoft projects, excel, word etc.
- Has strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and delegate work as needed.
- Must have a strong understanding of the principles of job costing.
Directly supervises all employees or subcontractors related to each installation project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring, firing, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems as related to each installation project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a related field from four-year college or university; or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to perform multiple tasks within deadlines.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, mark-ups, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid California State Driver’s License required with acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.