Provide design services to dealership customers, including site/inventory verifications, programming, space planning, typical development, finish selections & boards, working/installation drawings, specifications and site-to-plan review. Works closely with dealership sales, order entry and installation groups, as well as customers to ensure accurate plans, specifications and conformance to client’s requirements, customer satisfaction and high quality project implementation. Degree in Interior Design or Architecture + minimum 6 years industry experience and a demonstrated skill of understanding an entire project process is preferred. A proven ability to remain positive and efficient under tight deadlines, proactively manage to next steps of a project cycle, and anticipate needs is important. The candidate should be able to problem solves and think proactively in order to maintain a smooth project process and avoid problems. Efficiency and accuracy of work in combination with a gained reputation of respect and trust from clients and team mates is essential in performing at a senior level.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Time Management: ability to accurately assess current workload and anticipate need to delegate tasks or ask for additional support in order to successful
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, CET Designer / Configura Smart tools
- Visuals: Create 2D plans and 3D visuals and presentation material sot communicate design intent (Furniture Validation Packages)
- Design Tracking: accurately and consistently track design hours and communicate project lists with anticipated project tasks and associated hours to Design Director; keep Design Director and teammates informed of deadlines
- Problem Resolution: ability to approach problems resourcefully
- Client Relationships: help to form and maintain positive client relationships
- Sales: Act as a part of the sales process, by being able to demonstrate the value of design services and to bring creativity and efficiency to the table
- Morale: Ability to remain positive in times of stress
- Process Adherence: Adhere to current departmental process and procedures; offer suggestions to make current process better if the opportunity is there
- Trade Coordination: Must understand the full scope the design process, and have the ability to work with and communicate to various trades including, architects, engineers, electricians, contractors, installers and internal staff (sales, order entry personnel, and Project Managers)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a related field from four-year college or university; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to perform multiple tasks within deadlines.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations and presentations on complex topics to top management, public groups, and organizations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, mark-ups, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Valid California State Driver’s License required with acceptable driving record and reliable transportation to visit customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.