Responsible for the entire sales order fulfillment process, including management of customer orders from order entry point through punch list, providing support to sales personnel, and accurate and timely service to customers. Coordinates order entry, order management, demo fabric, testing for COM, factory interface and close-out of orders.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Communicates with customers regarding order status, punch list resolution and the scheduling or orders for deliver / installation.
• Provides clarification and answers for customer’s questions regarding order issues.
• Have an understanding of each order being placed to answer client questions.
• Assists sales / project personnel in pricing, product research and technical order information (C.O.M. requirements, ancillary packages, etc.).
• Preparation of the quotation; reviews quote and prints it for sales presentation to customer.
• Reviews and proofs order for basic information (ship to, bill to, contract number, etc.), accuracy and completeness.
• Enters orders into computer system; send purchase orders to manufacturers.
Sales Order Management
• Maintains detailed project documentation, including documentation of key project decisions and customer/project requests/revisions
• Disperses order information to appropriate internal and external personnel (sales staff, operations, customer, etc.).
• Checks acknowledgments against order; resolves discrepancies with factory; sends acknowledgement to customer; verifies ship date with the customer, updates Hedberg and communicates to the team.
• Resolves vendor discrepancies.
Work Order Management
• Gathers information and packages work order packet and sends packet to Scheduling or Project Management.
• Provides schedule information to dispatcher.
• Initiates service quotes for deliveries, small orders and major orders (if required).
• Maintains master sales order and work order files, ensuring file is complete and up-to-date.
• Verifies and closes out projects
Project / Account Coordination
• Initiates and oversees delivery and small installations; provides order management on all work.
• Analyzes order requirements, details scope of work, requests service pricing and schedules work with dispatcher for deliveries and small installations.
• Interfaces with factory on order status, current lead times, reservation of manufacturing for future / project orders, special requirements, C.O.M. requirements, etc.
• Communicates with customer or project manager on schedule of work, site requirements and project parameters for deliveries and small installations.
• Manages factory interface and shipping coordination for all work.
• Oversees delivery and small installation task completion.
Sales / Work Order Close – Out
• Maintains and files customer sign-offs for all assigned sales / work orders.
• Is responsible for understanding and sharing status of punch list resolution to the team. This includes ordering product and initiating work orders; follows up to ensure timely completion of punch list work.
Contract Furniture / Technical skills
• Has a strong knowledge of all aspects of contract furniture management, including account management, project management, order management, installation and relocation services.
• Has strong furniture and architectural product knowledge.
• Proficient with Microsoft projects, excel, word etc.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and delegate work as needed.
• Must have a strong understanding of the principles of job costing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum 2-year college degree preferable.
• 5+ years experience in customer service with furniture dealership.
• Good oral and written communication skills with attention to detail.
• Knowledge of order processing systems.
• Working knowledge of windows environment (spreadsheets, word processing).
• Steelcase product knowledge (systems furnishings, seating and casegoods).
• Knowledge and adherence to process.
• Attends and participates in new product and process seminars.
• Plans efficient itinerary for effective time utilization.
• Excellent organization and record keeping skills.
• This position is office based and work hours are 8:00 – 5:00 (or whatever 8 hour period you have agreed upon with your team leader)
• Any overtime hours need to be preapproved through President, Business Relations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.