Responsible for managing the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific AV systems integration and structured cabling projects. Additionally, ensure projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety and customer satisfaction requirements. Oversee projects from start to finish, while working hand and hand with Sales acquiring new customers by performing the following duties personally or through others. Acts as a product expert and an internal and external resource.
Single point of contact, and integrative responsibility, for all aspects of assigned contract projects, from inception of project to final close-out and invoicing. Plans, coordinates and oversees all tasks, critical dates, client and third party interface and relations, performance quality and customer satisfaction, budget and project administration for each assigned project. Is responsible for entire business transaction for each project.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review & understand statement of works and project contract to determine time to deliver, allotment of available and required internal and/or third-party resources to various phases of project (people and dollars).
- Responsible for coordinating all activities associated with the timely, accurate, and on-budget completion of the project, according to established project management procedures using MS Project on SharePoint and project workbook.
- Responsible for leading a Project Kickoff meeting among Sales, Technical engineers, Customer resources, Technical Support mgmt., Finance (as needed), Third Party resources (as needed)
Responsible for effective communication with customer including change orders and delivery, on-site visits (as needed).
- Provide regular updates to Sr. Project manager including standard project review meetings, Engage Finance/accounting and purchasing department personnel as needed for capex purchases and/or equipment.
- Review project status weekly to keep it on schedule financially, identify problem areas, and spearhead resolution.
- Ensure that any scope, schedule, cost or change of terms are handled in accordance to stated change order procedures.
- Retain responsibility for resolving all project related issues.
- Attend weekly team review of all projects and statuses and utilization. Raise any issues to management at this time for escalation.
- Prepare project reports as requested by Sr. Project Manager and Program Director. Keep accurate files and records of project status and activities via project workbook, Project Server and plan and change orders.
- Maintain and develop strong relationship with customers with direct interaction with focus on improving customers’ perception of service, quality, on time delivery, responsiveness, and problem solving.
- Respond to communications from customers regarding problems or concerns in a timely and professional manner with by returning all phone calls or emails by the end of each business day.
- Drive project results to satisfy customer requirements to increase Net Promoter Score.
- Travel to various job sites required.
- Other duties as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to creatively problem solve and analyze complex problems and generate solutions.
- Able to quickly coordinate internal and external resources for successful project results.
- Understand all revenue, cost and margin aspects of project management including percent complete accounting.
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues.
- Troubleshoot and solve project related issues.
- Understand and maintain project budgets.
- Effectively manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrate time management skills with attention to detail.
- Understand AV system functionality and installation processes and techniques.
- Understand technical and construction documents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project and Adobe Acrobat.
Directly supervises all employees or subcontractors related to each installation project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring, firing, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems as related to each installation project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Experience as a Project Manager in the construction or technology industries is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years-experience AV/Video, Teleconferencing industry is preferred.
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience.
- Valid and current PMP Certification preferred.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Experience in management and implementation of value stream mapping of project management processes.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, mark-ups, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Certificates / Licenses / Registrations:
Valid California State Driver’s License required with acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.